Saturday, December 3, 2011

Genius Kitchen Tips

I always find the best ideas and tips on Pinterest. Here are three kitchen tips I found and tried and absolutely LOVED. 

The first one is baking potatoes in the slow cooker. I know, right? You just have to wash and dry the potatoes, wrap them in tin foil, and cook them on low for 8 hours. I tried this out the other day and it made dinner so easy. All I had to do was put some ingredients like salsa, cheese, broccoli, etc. on the table and we had a potato bar that literally took 10 minutes to prepare.



The next tip is absolutely genius! Cooking bacon in the oven! This frees up room to cook other things on the stove and the best part is, no grease splatter! One site suggested lining your baking sheet in parchment paper and another suggested tin foil. I personally liked the tin foil because you just wrap it up and toss it - no mess. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, lay bacon strips flat (don't overlap), and bake until crisp 15-18 minutes. Lay bacon on paper towel to drain. 



This tip saved me the last time I made pasta. To prevent a pot from boiling over just lay a wooden spoon across the top. Not a single bubble will go over the side. Love it!